Buying and selling a home
In this section
- Information for buyers and sellers
- Alternatives to owning your own home
- Real estate and settlement agents
- Information about land valuers
The online licence search lets buyers and sellers of property check whether the person they are dealing with is licensed or registered.
Dealing with licensed agents or registered sales representatives offers protection as they are obliged to follow the real estate Code of Conduct. Furthermore, should you suffer a pecuniary loss (or loss of property) through the criminal or fraudulent actions of a licensed real estate agent or their employees in the course of a real estate or settlement transaction, you may be able to claim financial compensation from the fidelity guarantee account.
The Homebuyers' Survival Guide for WA
The Homebuyers' Survival Guide [3.42 MB] provides useful information for when buying or building a house in Western Australia . The guide also provides information to assist people when buying an easier living home.
The guide is also available in sections:
- Section 1: Planning [PDF 375kb]
- Section 2: Buying a home [PDF 331kb]
- Section 3: Building a house [PDF 319kb]
- Section 4: Special Features PDF [287kb]
- Housing choices for over 55's
- Safety in the home
- List of contacts
Please note the term "property" in the Guide is used to mean either a dwelling and land or land only.