Information about land valuers
You may need to use the services of a licensed land valuer in a variety of circumstances, for example, to:
- determine what a property may sell for on the open market if offered for sale;
- establish the fair market value for payment of stamp duty on a transaction where the terms of the sale may not have been at arm’s length, such as between family members or between inter-related companies;
- determine market value for income tax liability;
- determine a rental amount in accordance with a condition in a lease agreement;
- settle a marital or business disputes during the course of court proceedings; or
- assess the suitability of a property for mortgage security in the course of borrowing money.
For more information, including about becoming a licensed land valuer, see our section on Land valuers licensing.