Before making any major decision, it is a good idea to get legal and financial advice.
Depending on the issue you need advice on and your income and assets, it is possible you will not be able to get free legal assistance and you will have to pay a private lawyer.
Acts and regulations
Copies of the Acts listed in this guide can be found at The State Law Publisher (08) 6552 6000.
The following publications are available from the Department of Commerce:
- Seniors Housing Guide
- Boarders And Lodgers - Your Rights And Responsibilities
- Getting A Place In WA - Guide For Indigenous People
- Home Buyers Survival Guide
- Keeping A Place In WA - Guide For Indigenous People
- Leaving A Place In WA - Guide For Indigenous People
- Park Living
- Renting information for CaLD consumers
- Renting a home in Western Australia: a tenant's guide
- Renting out your property: an owners guide
- So you’re thinking of moving into a retirement village
A copy of these publications can be obtained by contacting the Consumer Protection Advice Line on 1300 30 40 54.
Publications from other government departments
A Guide to Strata Titles from Landgate on (08) 9273 7044.
Thinking of using the equity in your home? An independent guide to using the equity in your home from MoneySmart (Australian Securities and Investment Commission) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order a CD (audio) copy of the publication.
Accommodation Choices for Older Australians and their Families: what older Australians and their families need to know from the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs. It includes information on how different choices may affect pensions. For a copy, visit the Department's website and click on 'Seniors' under the subject areas.