Fuel price advice for Perth drivers
Issue Date: - Wednesday, 8 February 2012
Fill up today if you want to pay less for your petrol – that’s the advice from FuelWatch.
On Thursday 9 February 2012, most BP, Caltex Woolworths, Coles Express and Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price up to 11 cents per litre (cpl) to a maximum of 148.9 cpl. Many Gull and Peak sites are also increasing their unleaded petrol prices up to 145.0 cpl.
Tomorrow's metropolitan ULP average price will be 145.6 cpl, however there will be over 50 Perth sites selling below 140.0 cpl.
Given that Perth ULP prices follow a weekly cycle, with Thursday and Friday being the most expensive days, FuelWatch recommends filling up today and paying no more than 135.1 cpl.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 131.9 cpl at Gull Karragullen Motors in the East;
- 132.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Melville and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 132.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Road in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 135.4 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 132.1 cpl at Coles Express Canning Vale in the South; and
- 132.1 cpl at Coles Express Clarkson and Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
FuelWatch advises drivers to ALWAYS check the price of petrol before they buy.
Motorists can find the cheapest petrol via a free daily email from FuelWatch – simply head to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au to subscribe. More than 42,000 people are already signed up.
Alternatively, you can log on to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au each day or phone 1300 55 08 08.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact: Alina Cavanagh 9282 0679 or 0423 846 397 email@example.com