Regulation of the energy industry in WA
EnergySafety is responsible for the technical and safety regulation of all of the electrical industry and most of the gas industry in Western Australia.
All persons designing, constructing, operating and maintaining:
- electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems;
- consumers' electrical installations;
- gas distribution systems (including in cylinders); and
- consumers' gas installations
in Western Australia, must comply with the electricity and gas technical and safety legislation administered by EnergySafety.
- Guide to Technical and Safety Legislation Administered by EnergySafety
- Outline of Role, Functions and Operations of EnergySafety
Other pages in this section of EnergySafety's website are: