Legislation regulating employment in Western Australia
On this page:
- Key employment legislation
- Workers compensation and safety and health laws
- Other legislation that may impact on employment arrangements
The key employment related legislation applying to employers and employees in the Western Australian state industrial relations system covers wages and employment conditions, awards and agreement making, dismissal provisions and child employment requirements.
- Industrial Relations Act 1979 (WA)
- Minimum Conditions of Employment Act 1993 (WA)
- Long Service Leave Act 1958 (WA)
- Children and Community Services Act 2004 (WA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (WA)
- Workers' Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 (WA)
- Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 (WA)
Western Australian legislation:
- Construction Industry Portable Paid Long Service Leave Act 1985 (WA)
- Disability Services Act 1986 (WA)
- Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA)
- Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
- Social Security Act 1991 (Cth)
- Surveillance Devices Act 1998 (WA)
- Superannuation Guarantee Charge Act 1992 (Cth)
- Telecommunications (Interception) Act 1979 (Cth)
All Western Australian legislation is available online at the State Law Publisher.
All Commonwealth legislation is available from ComLaw.
For further information on state system legislation please contact Wageline on 1300 655 266.