Circulars to departments and authorities
Circulars provide a mechanism for circulating instructions, information and advice that facilitates a consistent and coordinated approach to labour relations across the WA public sector.
Commerce will issue circulars to departments and authorities that support the coordination of public sector labour relations, as provided for in Premier’s Circular 2009/01 Coordination of Public Sector Labour Relations or its replacement.
Agencies are required to comply with circulars to departments and authorities.
Circulars to departments and authorities are utilised to provide the following types of labour relations instructions, information and advice:
- Instructions on how to respond to specific labour relations issues.
- Guidelines to support the implementation of Commerce policy statements or other Government labour relations policy.
- As the authority to pay entitlements provided for by industrial instruments or Government policy.
- Clarification on the application of public sector entitlements.
- Legal compliance matters with industrial implications.
All circulars are available below. Current circulars are those in effect now. Archived circulars are no longer in effect and are provided for historical and information purposes only (for example if an agency requires the information to resolve a historical dispute or a claim for entitlements). Implementation guidelines and explanatory notes to previous General Agreements can also be found under archived circulars.
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of all circulars, readers should note that past circulars may contain minor administrative inaccuracies. For example, a circular may refer to a past department name or a past serving minister. This does not alter the context or authority of the circular.