Science and research
Find out what the Department of Commerce's Industry Science and Innovation Division's role is to promote, support and grow science, research and development in Western Australia.
In partnership with stakeholders, we will focus on applied research that is end-user driven; addresses issues of priority to Western Australians; creates competitive economic opportunities; informs government decisions; and benefits the community.
We will have a central role in policy and programs that:
- Focus on Western Australia's strengths, challenges and opportunities
- Strengthen the skills base
- Link industry and academia
- Extend research networks
- Attract research investment
- Fully utilise research infrastructure
- Capture the outcomes and benefits for the state.
Related web pages