Commercial vehicle driver fatigue management training
Welcome to the Commercial Vehicle Driver Fatigue Management Training package.
There are two elements to this package.
- For commercial vehicle drivers and other employees: Staying alert at the wheel
This package is designed to help commercial vehicle drivers and others to understand the impact of fatigue and to assist them to work with managers and supervisors adopting strategies to prevent fatigue.
- For the responsible person at a workplace: Developing a fatigue management plan for commercial vehicle drivers and operators in W.A. [120kb PDF]
This package explains the impact of fatigue on commercial vehicle drivers and other road users and provides assistance to the responsible person at a workplace (managers, supervisors etc.) to develop a Driver Fatigue Management Plan, as required by Occupational Safety and Health Regulation 3.133.
There are online self-assessment review questions. Successful completion of the review questions leads to an online statement of results being issued. The statement of results may be printed out and retained, and is the equivalent of the certificate that was previously issued.
The applicant should provide their employer with a copy of the statement of results for their records, and the original should be kept by the applicant as a means to prove to future employers that they have completed the online self-assessment.
It is important to keep these records in a safe place, as they are not kept by the WorkSafe Western Australia Commissioner.
See the following for additional information on fatigue management:
- Code of Practice for Fatigue Management for Commercial Vehicle Drivers
- Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, "Division 10 - Driving commercial vehicles"
- Guidance on driver fitness for duty
- Code of practice: Working hours
- Commercial vehicle driver medical assessment form