Information on forklifts in the workplace
On average there are around 180 injuries and one death involving forklifts each year in Western Australia. As a result, forklift safety is one of the department's priority areas.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I always have to wear the seat belt when operating a forklift truck?
- What direction must the load face when travelling up a ramp?
- Is it permissible to carry passengers on the bare fork arms or load?
More frequently asked questions about forklifts can be found here.
Resources available on this subject
- Fork lifts loading and docking
- Forklift safety
- Important information for forklift operators in Western Australia
- Material handling in metal manufacturing
- Contact details
- Related publications and downloads