Avoid Perth petrol price rise
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 20 cents per litre (cpl) to 136.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 6 June 2017, most BP, Caltex, Caltex Woolworths, Coles Express and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 139.9 cpl (increasing between 22 cpl and 26 cpl). Most 7-Eleven sites are increasing their ULP price to 138.9 cpl and most United sites to 137.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 30 sites selling below 124 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 28 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 108.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Midvale and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 109.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 108.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Ashby, Caltex StarMart Northlands (Balcatta), Caltex StarShop Wangara and Caltex StarShop Balga in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 113.9 cpl at Better Choice Bellevue in the East;
- 115.9 cpl at BP Huntingdale and Peak Kwinana in the South; and
- 111.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Wanneroo and 7-Eleven Wanneroo South in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 21,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: