Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by 9 cents per litre (cpl) to 139.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 27 November 2014, most BP sites are increasing their ULP prices by 14 cpl to 143.9 cpl; the majority of Caltex sites by 13 cpl to 142.9 cpl; most Puma Energy, Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express sites up to 139.9 cpl; most Gull sites up to 138.9 cpl and the majority of Peak sites up to 137.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 35 sites selling below 130 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 21 cpl, which means you can save up to $12 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 126.9 cpl at Gull High Wycombe in the East;
- 126.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South; and
- 126.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Edgewater, Coles Express Mt Lawley, Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 128.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 126.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 126.0 cpl at Vibe Charles St in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 550 808.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: