Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average price of unleaded petrol is set to increase by over 21 cents per litre (cpl) to 138.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 12 February 2019, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 145.9 cpl (increasing by 31 cpl). Most Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price to 144.9 cpl, most Caltex sites to 143.9 cpl, most Puma sites to 143.7 cpl and all 7-Eleven and most BP sites to 142.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 25 sites selling below 122 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 30 cpl, which means you can save up to $18 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 112.7 cpl at Puma High Wycombe in the East;
- 110.6 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 110.6 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 117.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 (Forrestfield) in the East;
- 115.9 cpl at United Armadale, United East Victoria Park, United Hamilton Hill, United Kewdale, United Leda, United Myaree and United South Lake in the South; and
- 115.9 cpl at United Bassendean, United Ellenbrook, United Hepburn Heights, United Lexia, United Mt Lawley, United Northbridge, United Osborne Park and United Quinns Rocks in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile-compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 12,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media Contact: Sarah Roberts, 0466 409 828, CPmedia@dmirs.wa.gov.au
Share this page: