Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 6 cents per litre (cpl) to 129.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 18 December 2014, most BP sites are increasing their ULP prices by 12 cpl to 132.9 cpl; the majority of Puma Energy sites to 130.9 cpl; and most Gull, Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Coles Express sites up to 129.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 122 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 20 cpl, which means you can save up to $12 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 118.7 cpl at Better Choice Stratton in the East;
- 117.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 117.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 120.1 cpl at Vibe Toodyay Rd in the East;
- 117.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South; and
- 117.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Mount Lawley and Coles Express Wanneroo Pearsall in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 550 808.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: