Avoid Perth petrol price rise
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact email@example.com.
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 121.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 22 March 2016, most Caltex Woolworths, Coles Express and Puma sites are increasing their ULP prices to 123.9 cpl, an increase of 25 cpl by Caltex Woolworths, 24 cpl by Coles Express and 23 cpl by Puma. The majority of Caltex and BP sites are increasing to 122.9 cpl; and most United sites to 119.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 35 sites selling below 114 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 21 cpl, which means you can save up to $12 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 98.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart High Wycombe; Caltex StarMart Midvale; Caltex StarMart Mundaring; Caltex StarShop Stratton; Caltex StarShop Swan View and Caltex Woolworths Forrestfield in the East;
- 97.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 97.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka and Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 104.9 cpl at BP The Lakes Roadhouse in the East;
- 105.9 cpl at Better Choice Naval Base in the South; and
- 103.9 cpl at Gull Yokine in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: