Avoid Perth petrol price rise
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact email@example.com.
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 121.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 29 March 2016, most Coles Express, Caltex Woolworths, BP and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 123.9 cpl (an increase of 25 cpl by Coles Express, 24 cpl by Caltex Woolworths and 22 cpl by BP and Puma). Most Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 122.9 cpl and most United sites to 119.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 114 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 22 cpl, which means you can save up to $13 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 98.9 cpl at Coles Express Forrestfield, Coles Express Kalamunda, Coles Express Middle Swan, Coles Express Upper Swan Roadhouse, Caltex StarMart Midvale, Caltex StarShop Swan View and 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 97.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 96.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Joondalup in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 106.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 108.9 cpl at Better Choice Naval Base in the South; and
- 101.7 cpl at Vibe Charles St in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: