Avoid Perth petrol price rise
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact email@example.com.
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 17 cents per litre (cpl) to 121.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 20 September 2016, most Coles Express and Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl (an increase of 30 cpl by Coles Express and 28 cpl by Caltex). Many BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 126.9 cpl, most Puma sites to 121.9 cpl and most Caltex Woolworths sites to 120.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 40 sites selling below 106 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 34 cpl, which means you can save up to $20 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 98.8 cpl at Puma Midvale in the East;
- 94.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 94.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 104.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 95.1 cpl at Coles Express Casuarina and Coles Express Southern River in the South; and
- 95.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig and Coles Express Mount Lawley in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: