Avoid Perth petrol price rise
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact email@example.com.
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 122.9 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 27 September 2016, most Caltex, Coles Express, and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl (an increase of 30 cpl by Caltex, 29.5 cpl by Coles Express and 26 cpl by Puma). Most United sites are increasing their ULP price to 126.7 cpl and most BP and Caltex Woolworths sites to 119.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 110 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 34 cpl, which means you can save up to $20 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart High Wycombe, Caltex StarMart Midvale, Caltex StarMart Mundaring, Caltex StarShop Stratton and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 92.9 cpl at Caltex Kwinana in the South; and
- 92.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Northlands and Caltex StarShop Balga in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.9 cpl at Better Choice Roleystone in the East;
- 95.1 cpl at Coles Express Southern River and Coles Express Casuarina in the South; and
- 95.1 cpl at Coles Express Mt Lawley and Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: