Avoid Perth petrol price rise
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact email@example.com.
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 8 cents per litre (cpl) to 126.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 22 November 2016, most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 131.9 cpl (an increase of 14 cpl). Most Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl and most United sites to 129.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 70 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 17 cpl, which means you can save up to $10 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 112.7 cpl at Puma Gingers in the East;
- 111.5 cpl at Puma Warnbro in the South; and
- 111.5 cpl at Puma First Avenue Mt Lawley in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 114.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 115.9 cpl at BP Connect Palm Springs (Warnbro) and Peak Kwinana in the South; and
- 115.9 cpl at BP Connect West Coast (Scarborough), BP Nookenburra (Innaloo), Puma Neerabup and Yanchep Service Station in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: