If you are involved in the building and construction industry in regional Western Australia, you shouldn’t miss this important learning opportunity.
Morning session – 9.00am to 12.30pm
The Building Code of Australia (BCA) information session is a half day program in the morning covering the following Australian Building Codes Board information, (being presented in Perth on 27 and 28 February 2018) which has been modified for regional areas:
- NCC 2016 Volume One amendment relating to fire safety in high rise buildings;
- NCC 2019 public comment draft proposed amendments;
- The improved CodeMark scheme; and
- The practical development and assessment of Performance Solutions.
The morning session will also include information relating to the Building Act 2011 and Building Regulations 2012 and cover recent amendments.
Afternoon session – 1.15pm to 3.00pm
This session will cover:
- Building Commission audit findings, including current and future general inspection projects;
- current work being undertaken to address security of payments issues;
- recent changes to the law and processes related to resolving payment disputes in the building and construction industry; and
- an update on other reform work being carried out by the Building Commission including reform of the home indemnity insurance scheme.
Registration is essential. You can register for either the morning or afternoon or attend the full day by registering for both sessions. Light refreshments will be provided at morning tea at 10.30am.
Register via the 'Events and seminars' website.