It’s that time of the year where people are getting their last minute Christmas shopping done and most businesses are preparing to wind down for the holiday period. Although it is a time for most employers and employees to switch off and take a break, it is important to understand your employment obligations over the festive holiday period.
This season’s public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Tuesday 25 December 2018
- Boxing Day, Wednesday 26 December 2018
- New Year’s Day, Tuesday 1 January 2019.
The Christmas - New Year 2018/19 public holiday arrangements page provides:
- An overview of the Christmas/New Year public holiday payment arrangements
- Detailed information on public holiday arrangements for
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse (Wholesale and Retail Establishments) Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom, and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award.
Opening hours for Wageline over the festive season
Wageline will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period. Please see the dates below:
Closed: Monday 24 December 2018 to Wednesday 2 January 2019
Reopens: Thursday 3 January 2019, 8:30am
During the closedown period, the Wageline call centre and labour relations area will be closed. You can find more information about your employment obligations and rights on the Wageline website.
Once Wageline reopens on Thursday 3 January 2019, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 655 266 with your queries about employment arrangements.