The Christmas/ New Year period is rapidly approaching and it is important to understand public holiday obligations for the festive season. This season's public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Tuesday 25 December 2018
- Boxing Day, Wednesday 26 December 2018
- New Year's Day, Tuesday 1 January 2019
Employers and employees should be aware of their employment obligations on these public holidays.
The Christmas New Year 2018/19 public holiday arrangements page provides:
- An overview of the Christmas/ New Year public holiday arrangements
- Detailed information on public holiday arrangements for
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award
For more information about employment obligations and entitlements on the upcoming public holidays contact Wageline on 1300 655 266 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Wageline will be closed Monday 24 December to Wednesday 2 January 2019 and reopen on Thursday 3 January 2019.