Christmas New Year public holiday information
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Christmas / New Year period is rapidly approaching and it is important to understand public holiday obligations for the festive season. This season’s public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Sunday 25 December 2016 / Monday 26 December 2016
- Boxing Day, Monday 26 December 2016 / Tuesday 27 December 2016
- New Year’s Day, Sunday 1 January 2017 / Monday 2 January 2017
Which day is the public holiday in terms of an employee’s pay and working arrangements will depend on their specific employment arrangements.
Visit the Christmas New Year 2016/17 public holiday arrangements page for:
- An overview of the Christmas / New Year public holiday payment arrangements
- Detailed information on public holiday arrangements for
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award
Share this page: