Consumer Protection Awards
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact email@example.com.
18 March 2011 – 11.30am-2pm
The University Club of Western Australia, Hackett Drive, Crawley
The seventh annual Western Australian Consumer Protection Awards are taking place on 18 March 2011.
The Rona Okely Award acknowledges an individual Western Australian who has influenced and inspired the advancement, development and promotion of consumer protection in their community and who has given selflessly of their time, energy and experience for the betterment of others.
- Darryl Yeeda and Vikki Kelly – promoters of financial literacy through Jungarni-Jutiya Alcohol Action Council in Halls Creek;
- Linda Saverimutto, Principal Solicitor at Gosnells Community Legal Centre; and
- Iris Watt, financial counsellor at Sussex Street Community Law Service.
The Richard (Dick) Fletcher Award acknowledges a local government authority, organisation or group of individuals operating in Western Australia which has, through their particular field of endeavour, made a significant and enduring contribution to the advancement of consumer protection in their community. The organisation or group delivers a service or carries out projects or initiatives which raise community understanding and awareness of consumer protection issues.
- Consumer Credit Legal Service WA;
- Western Australian Retirement Complexes Residents Association; and
- Jungarni-Jutiya Indigenous Corporation.
The Kidsafe WA Award recognises and rewards local government authorities, businesses, community groups or individuals who contribute to child safety. This includes raising awareness of specific product hazards, involvement in the design and development of new products that improve consumer safety, and developing or delivering projects or initiatives that raise community understanding and awareness of product safety issues for children.
- City of Stirling Road Safety Working Group’s Child Car Restraint program; and
- Parents for Window Blind Safety (John Williamson of Karratha).
Interviews, photo or film opportunities can be arranged.
9282 0679 or 0423-846397
Share this page: