Fuel price advice for Perth drivers - 20 June 2012
All announcements issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Announcements listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perth motorists are currently enjoying the lowest petrol prices in 6 months – prices have dropped more than 15 cents per litre (cpl) since peaking in mid-April.
However, the low prices won’t last with the weekly fuel cycle still in operation. FuelWatch recommends filling up today to take advantage of the cheap petrol.
On Thursday, 21 June 2012, most BP, Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price by 9 cpl to a maximum of 141.9 cpl. Most Coles Express, Gull and Peak sites are increasing their prices to 139.9 cpl.
Tomorrow's metropolitan ULP average will be 139.6 cpl, however there will be more than 30 Perth sites selling below 134 cpl.
Given that Perth ULP prices follow a weekly cycle, with Thursday and Friday being the most expensive days, FuelWatch recommends filling up today and paying no more than 133.8 cpl.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 129.9 cpl at Gull Kalamunda, Gull Lesmurdie, Better Choice Roleystone, Better Choice Stratton, Caltex StarShop Stratton and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 128.1 cpl at Caltex StarMart Willetton in the South; and
- 126.9 cpl at Coles Express Warwick and Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 129.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 127.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake, Caltex Woolworths Port Kennedy and Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 127.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Altone Road in the North.
Tomorrow’s metropolitan LPG average will be 70.6 cpl, however there will be more than 30 sites selling below 67 cpl. The average metropolitan LPG price has fallen 20 cpl since March.
FuelWatch advises drivers to ALWAYS check the price of petrol before they buy.
Motorists can find the cheapest petrol via a free daily email from FuelWatch – simply head to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au to subscribe. More than 43,000 people are already signed up.
Alternatively, you can log on to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au each day or phone 1300 55 08 08.
END OF RELEASE
9282 0679 or 0423-846397
Share this page: