Fuel price advice for Perth drivers - 8 August 2012
Fill up today if you want to pay less for your petrol – that’s the advice from FuelWatch.
On Thursday, 9 August 2012, most BP sites are increasing their ULP price by 15 cents per litre (cpl) up to 145.9 cpl. Most Caltex, Gull and Peak sites are hiking their prices tomorrow up to 147.9 cpl. Most Caltex Woolworths sites are hiking their ULP prices tomorrow by 14 cpl, up to 146.9 cpl. Some Coles Express sites are also hiking their prices, up to 145.9 cpl.
Tomorrow's metropolitan ULP average will be 143.2 cpl, however there will be over 60 Perth sites selling below 134 cpl. Given that Perth ULP prices follow a weekly cycle, with Thursday and Friday being the most expensive days, FuelWatch recommends filling up today and paying no more than 134.6 cpl.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 132.9 cpl at Gull Kalamunda, Gull High Wycombe and Gull Lesmurdie in the East;
- 129.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Willetton in the South; and
- 131.7 cpl at United Northbridge, United Hepburn Heights and United Quinns Rocks in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 133.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 129.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex South Lake in the South; and
- 129.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Whitfords and Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
The international price of LPG has risen 28 percent recently. As a result, local LPG prices may be firmer in the short term. Tomorrow’s metropolitan LPG average will be 73.9 cpl, however there will be over 20 sites selling below 67 cpl. Thursday’s cheapest LPG will be available for 55.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka.
FuelWatch advises drivers to ALWAYS check the price of petrol and LPG before they buy.
Motorists can find the cheapest petrol via a free daily email from FuelWatch – simply head to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au to subscribe. More than 43,000 people are already signed up. Alternatively, you can log on to www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au each day or phone 1300 55 08 08.
END OF RELEASE
Alan Hynd 9282 0961 or 0429-078791 email@example.com
Share this page: