The WA Industrial Relations Commission today increased the state minimum wage and award wages by $13 per week, effective from the first pay period on or after 1 July 2016.
The state minimum wage for adult award-free employees will increase by $13 to $692.90 per week. Adult pay rates under state awards will also increase by $13. Junior rates will increase proportionately.
Wageline will update the minimum rates for award-free employees and the pay rates in Wageline’s WA Award Summaries by 1 July 2016.
If you wish to be notified when the new pay rates are available, please subscribe to the Wageline Newsletter. Alternatively check our website or call Wageline on 1300 655 266.
Please note this information applies to employers and employees in the state industrial relations system only. It covers businesses which operate as:
- sole traders (eg Jane Smith trading as Jane’s Cafe)
- partnerships (eg Jane and Bob Smith trading as Jane’s Cafe)
- unincorporated trust arrangements (Jane and Bob Smith as trustees for Jane’s Cafe)
This information does not cover businesses and organisations in the national system which operate as:
- Pty Ltd businesses that are trading or financial corporations (eg Smith Pty Ltd trading as Jane’s Cafe)
- incorporated associations and other not-for-profit bodies (that are trading or financial corporations)
If the business or organisation is in the national system visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website: www.fairwork.gov.au