The Western Australian Building and Construction Industry Code of Conduct 2016 commences on 1 January 2017.
This BCI Code has been developed to:
- ensure the State of Western Australia, in expending public funds on State Building Work, contracts with Building Contractors which conduct themselves in a reputable, fair, safe and responsible manner, both in dealings with the State of Western Australia, and within the building and construction industry more generally
- promote fair, efficient and productive workplace relations in the building and construction industry
- improve the workplace relations framework under which building and construction activities are performed
- promote safe practices in the building and construction industry
- assist industry stakeholders to understand the State of Western Australia's expectations and requirements in relation to Building Contractors seeking to undertake State Building Work
- promote fair subcontracting practices and timely payment of Subcontractors within the building and construction industry, and
- establish a compliance framework under which Building Contractors' Code compliance may be recorded for the purposes of future consideration when awarding future State Building Work.
The BCI Code is supported by an Implementation Guide and further information and frequently asked questions are available in the Fact Sheets on this website.