Registration as an adjudicator falls under the Construction Contracts Act 2004.
(1) The qualifications and experience required by an adjudicator are:
(a) a degree from a university or other tertiary institution in Australia in one of the following disciplines or an equivalent qualification from an overseas university or tertiary institution:
- Quantity surveying
- Building surveying
- Project management
(b) be eligible for membership of a professional institution:
- The Royal Australian Institute of Architects
- Institution of Engineers Australia
- Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- The Australian Institute of Building
- The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia
- Australian Institute of Project Management
(c) Registration as a Building Service Contractor or Practitioner under the Building Services (Registration) Act 2011.
2. Have at least five years of experience in administering construction contracts or dispute resolution relating to construction contracts.
3. Successfully completed an approved training course to perform the function of an adjudicator under this Act.
NOTE: From time to time adjudication training courses are held in Perth usually under the auspices of Appointors.
Building and Energy will update this web page as approved training courses (that are a requisite to apply as an Adjudicator) are announced. Please contact a relevant Appointor for future course times and information.
Form 1 – Application for Registration as an Adjudicator
Apply to be registered as an adjudicator.
Download the form
Change of address and fees
If you need to update or change your contact details or fees consult the Code of Practice and inform the Building Commissioner at email@example.com.