Builder mutual recognition registration

This page is for: 

Recognition of interstate and New Zealander applicants

If you are applying for mutual recognition you are entitled to an equivalent occupation in Western Australia. The only equivalent is as a building practitioner. If you want to contract for building work with others, you will need to make a separate application for a contractor’s registration under section 18 of the Building Services (Registration) Act 2011

View the 'building contractor registration' webpage for more information on registering as a building contractor.

If your practitioner’s registration has conditions attached to the scope of work you are permitted to carry out, this will be reflected on your contractor’s registration

During the application processing period

Under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992, if you have lodged a complete application form with supporting documents and paid application fee, you are permitted to work as a building practitioner in Western Australia, until a formal decision regarding your application has been made. 

Form 11 – Building practitioner mutual recognition

Complete and return this form to the Building Services Board

Click here to download the form

Share this page:

Last modified: