The Building Commission is committed to maintaining collaborative engagement with the building and construction industry on broad policy and procedural matters likely to affect the industry. The Building Commission Advisory Committee (BCAC) is an advisory forum that comprises all occupational and technical groups directly regulated by the Building Commission, plus industry stakeholder groups that have a key and direct role in the regulated building process. Discussion and idea-sharing primarily focus on:
- policy issues;
- legislative proposals;
- industry development;
- operational issues and procedures;
- operational policy (e.g. enforcement); and
- information and education strategy.
The purpose of the BCAC is to:
- consider and advise on matters referred to the BCAC by the Building Commission;
- consider and advise on matters referred to the Building Commission by members or groups from the building and construction industry; and
- raise matters even if agreement or consensus is unlikely.
The Committee meets every three months.