Find a registered building service provider

Please note: The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety will be affected by Western Power undertaking essential network maintenance and electrical work, which may impact our websites and services on Sunday 21 January 2018. There is a possibility that Building and Energy services may be unavailable at certain points throughout the day on 21 January 2018. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Building and Energy protects the community by setting standards and ensuring contractors have the skills, experience and financial capacity to deliver quality building services.

It is illegal for an individual, partnership or company to contract for or carry out a building service without first obtaining the appropriate licence or registration. 

The area of jurisdiction maps highlight the areas where a builder or painter must be registered in Western Australia.

Before entering into an agreement with a building service provider you should always check that their registration or licence is current on one of the registers below.​

Requesting a certified copy or extract from the registers

For a certified copy or extract from the above registers, please complete the Request for certified copy or extract from the register form.

Please note, Building and Energy does not publish business or trading names. For a national register of business and trading names visit the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.

Building and Energy is responsible for licensing electricians and gasfitters and provide an online search function.

Share this page:

Last modified: