Plumber mutual recognition registration

This page is for: 

Recognition of interstate and New Zealander applicants

If you hold a current registration or licence in another Australian state or territory, or New Zealand, you are entitled to apply for an equivalent registration or licence in Western Australia. To apply for a licence under mutual recognition you need to provide a certified copy of your current registration or licence from where you are registered or licensed to carry out plumbing work.

During application processing period

Under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992, if you have lodged a complete application form with supporting documents and paid application fee, you are permitted to carry out plumbing work in Western Australia, until a formal decision regarding your application has been made.


You must complete the appropriate form:

Form 109 – Plumbing contractors' mutual recognition

Form 110 – Tradespersons' mutual recognition

Share this page:

Last modified: