Plumbing Industry Reference Group
The PIRG is an advisory body providing expert advice to the Plumbers Licensing Board on a range of plumbing and occupational licensing matters, including the licensing regulations, the education and training of plumbers, and the technical plumbing standards.
The current PIRG membership (listed below) comprises representatives from small business, plumbing companies, peak bodies and educationalists. The PIRG is supported by the Building Commission for the Plumbers Licensing Board.
Terms of Reference
The Plumbing Industry Reference Group (PIRG) operates with members invited by the Plumbers Licensing Board to act on a voluntary basis by providing the Plumbers Licensing Board with expert comment and current trade advice regarding:
- the adequacy of current legislation and regulations within the Board's jurisdiction;
- any scheme, arrangement proposal or project in place or being considered that affects, or may affect, the plumbing industry;
- any matter relating to best practice and trends within the plumbing industry that may involve but is not limited to licensing, training, compliance and inspection audits or community awareness; and
- any other matter referred to the PIRG as a group or on an individual basis by the. The PIRG will not be involved with:
- prosecutions or breaches of legislation; or
- disciplinary inquiries to be referred to the State Administrative Tribunal.
The PIRG will also not replace individual or representative groups from providing comment to the Board or the Board's process to call for public submissions from the industry or consumers on any matter.
Geoff Kelly, Master Plumbers & Gasfitters Association
Benjamin Keane, Association of Hydraulic Services Consultants Australia (WA Chapter) Inc.
Mark Lommers, Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heating
Jason Morrone, National Fire Industry Association
Stephen Movley, Institute of Plumbing Australia
Andrew Power, Plumbing Trades Employee Union
Stuart Henry, Manufacturers and Suppliers
Jason Pepperell, South Metropolitan TAFE
Grant Fitton, North Metropolitan TAFE
Murray Thomas, MPA Skills
Joseph Clynk, Member
Stephen Larkman, Member
Peter Herzog, Member
Share this page: