Associations transition resources
The law governming associations in Western Australia were changed as of 1 July 2016. A number of resources were made to help Associations adjust to the changes.
The packs will provide an overview of the changes to be introduced under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015, answers some frequently asked questions and explains what associations will be required to do when the time comes to transition over to the new law.
Associations Transition Pack 1 covers the following topics:
- Changes to make when the new law commences
- What’s your association’s financial reporting tier?
- Transitional requirements to update the rules
- Key changes to the way the association will run
- Frequently asked questions and education news
Associations Transition Pack 2 covers AssociationsOnline with the following information:
- Introduction to the enhanced AssociationsOnline.
- Transition process - lodging your address with AssociationsOnline.
- Transition process - changing your rules.
- Education news.
- What's in the rules - explaining the Schedule 1 requirements
- Identifying and managing conflicts of interest
- Rules checklist
- Committee and officer duties
- Eligibility requirements for committee members
Have you watched the video?
Includes overview of changes, model rules and transition requirements.
Share this page: