Cancel a charity licence
Cancelling a charitable collections licence
If an organisation wishes to cancel their charitable collections licence due to winding up or ceasing collection activities in Western Australia they should email the Charitable Collections Advisory Committee (the Committee) at email@example.com. The email should include the organisations name and confirmation that the charitable collection of money or goods is no longer being conducted in Western Australia.
Please note - Audited financial statements must be lodged within six months of the end of the current financial year even after the licence has been cancelled.
The Department will submit requests to cancel a licence to the Committee for consideration. The Committee meet on a monthly basis.
Revocation of licences
A charitable collections licence may at any time be revoked by the Department.
The Charitable Collections Advisory Committee may recommend that a licence be revoked if it is of the opinion:
- money or goods received for charitable purposes are mismanaged or are substantially applied otherwise than for affording the relief for which the money or goods were collected; or
- the amount of any money or goods received and applied towards charitable purposes is inadequate in proportion to the total amount received; or
- remuneration paid to any person from the money or goods received is excessive, in relation to the money or goods received; or
- the organisation has ceased to carry out any charitable purpose.
Lodging a form or application
You may lodge forms by email (preferred), post or in person.
The charities forms and publications page has additional details on:
- how to lodge a form
- how to contact us
- adititonal forms and publications for charities
The Administrative Officer
Charitable Collections Advisory Committee
Associations and Charities Branch
Telephone: (08) 6552 9364
Country callers: 1300 304 074
Share this page: