Consumer Protection Awards conditions
Conditions of nomination
- Nominees will be judged on operations and activities, innovative products, core business practices, or special projects, concepts, strategies or initiatives carried out.
- Nominees for the Rona Okely Award must be Australian citizens or those who hold permanent resident status in Australia.
- Nominees for the Richard (Dick) Fletcher Award must be local governments, non-government organisations or groups operating in Western Australia.
- Nominees for the Kidsafe WA Award may be either a business, individual, local government or non-government organisation operating in Western Australia.
- Nominees for the Ruby Hutchison Award may be individual journalists or media entities operating in Western Australia. Nominations in this category must be for work undertaken in the 12 months prior to the closing date.
- Nominations must be submitted with the official nomination form.
- Individuals and organisations may nominate themselves.
- The nominee must consent to the nomination.
- Nominees agree to make themselves available (without fees) for publicity purposes as required, before and after the Awards presentation and consent to their biographies and photographs being made available to the media for publicity purposes.
- The decision of the Judging Panel in the selection of award recipients is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All nomination information and material remains the property of the Department of Commerce.
- Information collected through the Awards nomination process will be used for the purposes of the Western Australian Consumer Protection Awards. Please do not include any personal or confidential information that you do not wish to become available to the public as nominations may be subject to freedom of information requests and the Government may quote from your nominations in future publications.
- Details about the Award finalists will be displayed on the Department of Commerce website and used to publicise the competition outcome, and may be used in future for the promotion of the Consumer Protection Awards.
- Any information collected will be treated in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, which prevents personal information from being disclosed without appropriate consent unless disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- Previous award winners will not be eligible to renominate for a three year period from the date of winning an award in any Consumer Protection Award category.
Share this page: