Consumer Protection Awards conditions
Conditions of nomination
Specific category conditions
- Nominees for The Rona Okely Award will be individuals who can demonstrate a 'lifetime’ (10 years or more) of significant achievement, contribution and commitment to protecting Western Australian consumers.
- Nominees for The Richard (Dick) Fletcher Award can be local government, non-government organisations or groups of individuals operating in Western Australia.
- Nominees for The Kidsafe WA Award will be an individual, local government, non-government organisation, business or group of individuals operating in Western Australia.
- Nominees for The Ruby Hutchison Media Award may be a journalist or media outlet distributing its content in Australia and which has a direct bearing or benefit to Western Australian consumers. The publications or broadcasts must have occurred between 18 November 2017 and 16 November 2018.
General category conditions
- State and federal government employees and departments are not eligible to be a nominee, they can however nominate others.
- Nominations must be submitted with the official nomination form. One form per nomination is required.
- Individuals and organisations may nominate themselves. Nominators can nominate more than one individual, business or organisation for an Award.
- The nominee must consent to the nomination.
- Nominees will be judged on operations and activities, innovative products, core business practices, or special projects, concepts, strategies or initiatives carried out.
- The decision of the Judging Panel in the selection of Award recipients is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominees agree to make themselves available (without fees) and consent to their biographies and photographs being made available for modest publicity purposes before and after the Awards presentation.
- Nomination information and materials will not be returned, so please only supply copies of important photos, documents or files.
- Information collected through the Awards nomination process will be used for the purposes of the Western Australian Consumer Protection Awards. Please do not include any personal or confidential information that you do not wish to become available to the public as nominations may be subject to freedom of information requests and the Government may quote from your nominations in future publications.
- Details about the Award finalists will be displayed on the Consumer Protection website to publicise the competition outcome and may be used in future for the promotion of the Consumer Protection Awards.
- Any information collected will be treated in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, which prevents personal information from being disclosed without appropriate consent unless disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- Previous award winners are not eligible to renominate for a three year period after winning an award in any Consumer Protection Award category.
Share this page: