iShopWA has been developed for shoppers in Western Australia by Consumer Protection, with content based on the Australian Consumer Law which applies throughout Australia. This App is also a handy guide for retailers, outlining when they must repair, replace or refund goods.
Download iShopWA and you’ll always be able to check where you stand when it comes to refunds and returns, warranties and lay-bys in WA.
What does iShopWA allow me to do
The iShopWA app will allow you to:
- store photos of receipts and not worry about them fading or getting lost;
- email photos of illegal ‘no refund’ shop signs to Consumer Protection so that we can deal with it;
- set reminders for gift vouchers and online coupons so they don’t run out before you can use them.
- know where you stand when it comes to warranties and lay-bys, and set reminders for them.
Report a sign
Signs like these are against the law:
- "No refund”;
- No refund on sales items;
- No refunds after seven days;
- Refunds on unworn items only; and
- We will only exchange, repair or give credit notes.
You can report signs like these by taking a photo and sending them to us using your iShopWA App.
Please note a store can display a sign that says “no refunds will be given if you have simply changed your mind".
Feedback and Enquiries
If you have any questions or feedback about the iShopWA app, please contact Consumer Protection at email@example.com or call 1300 304 054
Available for iOS
Available for Android
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. The App refers to a menu button. My Android doesn’t have a menu button.
Android Menu buttons are different for each device. The menu icon is generally the 3 dots.
You can do an online search for the menu button for your particular device to find out more.
Here are some examples of what the menu button may look like or where it may be located on your device.
2. iShopWA crashes when saving a photo on my iPhone
This issue has been fixed. Please download the latest version of iShopWA from Google Play or the App Store.
Share this page: