Real estate complaints

Office closure

Our offices will close from Monday 24 December 2018 and will reopen on Thursday 3 January 2019. For urgent assistance during that period you can contact us.

If you are dissatisfied with the standard of conduct of a settlement agent, real estate agent or sales representative, the following course of action is recommended:

  • Step 1: Contact the settlement agent, real estate agent or sales representative (or the real estate agent in control of the representative) who undertook the work, and discuss your concern with them. This may give them the opportunity to rectify the problem, if possible.
  • Step 2: If you remain dissatisfied, contact Consumer Protection through the Advice Line on 1300 304 054 to discuss the matter.
  • Step 3: If you wish to lodge a complaint, then this is required to be done online or in writing. Further information about our complaints process, sample letters and contact details is available from our complaints and enquiries pages.

To make a complaint:

Share this page:

Last modified: