Rules and maintenance
Change of ownership
Tenants must be told if the park changes hands. Park managers should provide all tenants with these details including those on the park and absentee owners.
Entering the tenant’s site, park home or caravan
If the premises is rented, park managers can enter the site, park home or caravan in the follow circumstances:
- if the owner agrees;
- in an emergency;
- to collect rent (weekly or less often);
- for an inspection (monthly or less often);
- if there is a court order (for abandoned premises);
- to show the property to prospective tenants (not less than 21 days before the agreement is due to end); and
- to show the property to prospective buyers.
An additional right of entry can be applied under the Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995. This allows entry:
- in an emergency; or
- if the owner agrees; or
- for a ‘prescribed reason’, such as for safety and health reasons.
Share this page: