Where to get help - Retirement village information
Retirement village resources and sources of information
There are a number of sources of information about retirement villages in Western Australia, some of which are outlined below.
- Consumer Protection:
- Contact the Seniors' Housing Centre on 1300 367 057.
- Read the So you're thinking of moving into a retirement village brochure and the Retirement Village (Seniors' Housing Guide) fact sheet.
- The Western Australian Retirement Villages Resident’s Association is a resident’s association which provides information on village life and other matters.
- Information about retirement village accommodation provided by members of Aged and Community Services Western Australia, call (08) 9244 8233 or 1800 672 500.
- The Retirement Living Council is the representative body for the retirement village industry.
- Prohibited persons policy - These guidelines explain the new provisions of the Retirement Villages Act 1992 that prohibit certain persons from being the administering body or being concerned, directly or indirectly, in the administration of a retirement village unless the person holds an exemption certificate granted by the Commissioner.
Share this page: