About Consumer Protection
How we can help you?
Consumer Protection is a division of the Department of Commerce, the State Government department responsible for providing services relating to consumer protection, labour relations, occupational safety and health, and science and innovation.
The Consumer Protection division of Commerce promotes consumer protection and fair trading in WA by:
- providing information and advice to consumers and traders about their rights and responsibilities;
- helping consumers resolve disputes with traders;
- investigating complaints about unfair trading practices;
- prosecuting unscrupulous traders;
- regulating and licensing some business activities; and
- developing legislation that protects consumers.
Find out more about the strategic direction of the Department by downloading the Department of Commerce Corporate Plan 2009-2012.
- For information and advice on any consumer protection issue:contact our call centre on: 1300 30 40 54 from anywhere in Western Australia for the cost of a local call; or
- view the complete list of our legislation
Consumer Protection has a Perth office and six regional offices located in Albany, Bunbury, Geraldton, Kalgoorlie, Karratha and Broome.