Regional Mobile Communications Project
The now completed Regional Mobile Communications Project (RMCP) has increased mobile phone coverage across regional Western Australia by up to 31 per cent as well as boosted access to next generation broadband services.
New mobile communications infrastructure has been installed at 113 sites along major highways, an increase to 8,650 kilometres of continuous in-car coverage when connected to an external antenna.
- driving productivity;
- improving safety on Western Australian roads;
- enhancing the delivery of emergency services in regional areas; and
- connecting our cities, regional, rural and remote communities.
RMCP has improved mobile communications in almost every region of Western Australia.
How to improve your mobile coverage
Commerce has produced a list of suggestions to improve your mobile coverage.
- Newsletter 8 - August 2014
- Newsletter 7 - Febuary 2014
- Newsletter 6 - November 2013
- Newsletter 5 - August 2013
- Newsletter 4 - May 2013
- Newsletter 3 - February 2013
- Newsletter 2 - November 2012
- Newsletter 1 - August 2012
- 2 December 2014 Communications project connects regional WA
- 12 September 2014 Communications project boosts Wilga reception
- 1 September 2014 State-wide project to boost mobile reception
- 15 July 2014 Desert communities now better connected to the world
- 6 June 2014: Better phone and internet coverage for Yalgoo
- 30 January 2014: New mobile coverage for Wheatbelt towns
- 25 October 2013: Mobile and broadband boost for Wheatbelt businesses
- 23 August 2013: Improved mobile coverage in WA's south
- 28 June 2013: Better phone and internet coverage for Wheatbelt
- 2 May 2013: Better internet and mobile coverage for regional WA
- 1 February 2013: Program breaking down regional digital divide
- 10 November 2012: Better mobile and internet coverage rolls out
- 9 November 2012: Mid-West mobile and broadband improved
- 12 October 2012: Improved mobile coverage in Kimberley/Mid-West
- 12 October 2012: New mobile and internet coverage in Kambalda West
- 10 October 2012: New mobile and internet coverage in Ravensthorpe
- 31 July 2012: Mobile reception boost for North-West
- 28 June 2012: More Mid-West towns get better mobile connections
- 4 May 2012: Better mobile coverage for regions rolls out
- 31 January 2012: $39.2 million to improve telecoms in regions
- 29 March 2011: Tenders called for Regional Mobile Communications Project
Share this page: