Information for new employers
If you are a first time employer, knowing where to get started can be difficult. This page highlights some of the key things you need to know before you take on your first employees and directs you to appropriate information.
- There are two different systems of employment laws operating in Western Australia. You need to know which one covers your business and the Guide to who is in the WA state industrial relations system page explains how to determine if you are a state system or national system employer.
- If you are buying an established business - check out the Buying or selling a business page
- View the WA award summaries page for information on your WA Award, or the Minimum pay rates for award free employees page if no WA award applies
- The Employment contracts page has information on writing a contract and offering employment
- The Recruiting the right staff page provides tips on recruiting, interviewing and training employees
- Knowing your record keeping obligations is essential - the Record keeping requirements page has information and templates to help you keep the right time and wages records.
Share this page: