Application for exemption from compliance with the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act
Who can apply for an exemption
You may be eligible to apply for an exemption from compliance with the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973 under section 31(1) of the Act, if you fit one of the following categories:
- Financier (MF) - you ordinarily dispose of vehicles which you have repossessed, directly to a licensed motor vehicle dealer.
- Car Hire Operator (MH) - the buying and selling of vehicles does not comprise a significant part of your business as a car hire operator and that you ordinarily dispose of vehicles bought in the course of your car hire business directly to a licensed motor vehicle dealer
- Auctioneer (MA) - the selling of vehicles by auction does not comprise a significant part of your business as an auctioneer and you I agree that you will not sell vehicles which are owned by trade owners (licensed motor vehicle dealers, finance companies or hire car companies).
What do I need to complete an application
This application can be processed only after all relevant information and supporting documentation is submitted as follows:
- completed application form
- signed authority and declaration
- pay the correct fee
Share this page: