Application for a motor vehicle dealer licence
Who needs to apply for a licence
Anyone who carries on any class or description of the business of buying or selling vehicles in Western Australia is required to be licensed as a dealer under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973.
This includes a business consisting of buying vehicles for wrecking, financing, auctioning or hiring.
The types of vehicles for which a person must hold a motor vehicle dealer’s licence to buy or sell includes:
- passenger vehicles
- commercial vehicles
- caravans/camper trailers
- four wheel drive vehicles
What do I need to complete an application
To apply for a licence you must complete the application form and provide all relevant supporting documentation as follows:
- complete all of the relevant sections of the application form
- attach/pay the correct fee
- provide the relevant Police Check/s, not more than 3 months old
- attach the Dealer/Yard Manager Licence Requirements Course Certificate
- attach a simple statement of your assets, liabilities and net worth
- sign the authorisation and declaration
- all directors/partners sign the authority and declaration
- check to make sure that the application form is complete and that you have provided all relevant supporting documents
Lodging your application
The application fee/s is payable at the time of lodging this application.
The fees and forms page contains further details about:
- how to lodge your application;
- relevant fees;
- other licensing forms; and
- how to contact us.
Share this page: