Building contractor application guidelines

Information status

All documents issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Documents listed here are the latest versions available. For more information on this document, please contact

This publication is for: 

To contract to provide building services in the class of builder work in Western Australia you must be registered by the Building Services Board (the Board) as a builder contractor (individual, partnership or company). The Board registers building contractors under the Building Services (Registration) Act 2011 (the Act) and the Building Services (Registration) Regulations 2011 (the Regulations).

These are the guidelines for how to apply to the Building Services Board for registration as a building contractor.

Building Commission
Form – application
Last updated 15 Sep 2016

Share this page:

Last modified: