Dispute with a business? A consumer guide to finding help ACL
Our offices will close from Monday 24 December 2018 and will reopen on Thursday 3 January 2019. For urgent assistance during that period you can contact us.
About this guide
This guide will help you find assistance when you are in dispute with a business. Your rights when you buy, hire or lease goods, or pay for services, are set out by the Australian Consumer Law. This fair trading law applies nationally and in all Australian states and territories from 1 January 2011. For more information about the law, visit consumerlaw.gov.au.
We enforce the Australian Consumer Law in Western Australia. We can:
- deal with complaints about a business
- provide information to help you before you buy
- refer you to other services for assistance, including another state, territory or national consumer agency.
We can also help you resolve disputes about:
- building and renovating
- buying and selling property
- motor vehicles
- product safety
- retirement villages
Our contact details
Contact Consumer Protection for further assistance on:
- 1300 304 054
- Gordon Stephenson House Level 2/140 William Street Perth Western Australia 6000
Share this page: