Low down on demolitions - Presentation
In 2019 WorkSafe Western Australia, together with Dial Before You Dig and the Health Department held information sessions aimed at demolition licence holders, with a focus on:
- the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996, in particular the requirement to comply with Australian Standard 2601 – 2001 ‘Demolition of Structures’;
- Department of Mines Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) Demolition Licence holder audit process and general licence holder responsibilities;
- the importance of prompt identification of underground and overhead services and the timely disconnection of utility services when it comes to demolitions; and
- the ROAD TO REUSE project and the ease with which a recycling project can be de-railed if incorrect asbestos management occurs during the demolition process.
- Chris Kirwin, Director of WorkSafe Industrial and Regional;
- Denise Rowling, Principal Audit and Special Investigations Officer;
- Pierina Otness, Senior Toxicologist, Department of Health; and
- Justin Scotchbrook, State Manager, DIAL Before You Dig.
The following presentations are now available:
- Licenced demolition work
- Audit requirements for demolition licences
Share this page: