Motor vehicle repair business - New application - Individual

Information status

All documents issued prior to 1 July 2017 were issued by the former Department of Commerce. Documents listed here are the latest versions available, but may be subject to review. For more information on this document, please contact

This publication is for: 
Licence holdersMotor industry
Anyone who operates a business that includes repairing or servicing motor vehicles is required to hold a Motor Vehicle Repair Business licence. However, business owners must also hold an individual Repairer’s Certificate issued by Consumer Protection in order to do repair work personally. 
Consumer Protection
Form – registration
Last updated 27 May 2014

Share this page:

Last modified: